Results 1 to 12 of 12
Thread: Recipes for Durga Puja
- 10-19-2007, 02:52 PM #1
Recipes for Durga Puja
CHICKEN FRIED RICE
Rice (Chamanmani): 200g
carrot, beans, onion string: 100g(finely chopped)
Soya sauce (no.1): 1/2 teaspoon
Soya sauce (no.c): 1/4 teaspoon
salt: 1 teaspoon
testing powder: 1/2 teaspoon
black pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
Boil rice and drain out all water. Deep fry chicken in pre-heated oil. Heat oil in a deep bottomed frying pan. Pour in all vegetables but onion strings. Stir it for a minute or so. Add chicken, rice, salt, testing powder, black pepper to it. Keep stirring. Mix soya sauce with it. Stir for 5-6 minutes in moderate heat. Sprinkle the onion strings over it. Stir for another couple of minutes.Serve in a rice bowl.
- 10-19-2007, 02:57 PM #2
Rice (Basmati) : 200 g
Chicken : 2 (large) pcs
Onion : 1 (finely chopped)
Card (cottage): 2 tablespoon
Bay leaves (Tezpatta), Green cardamom, clove, cinnamon : 10 gr (overall pounded)
Black Pepper: powder
Rose water : 4-5 drops
Oil : 3-6 tablespoons
Salt : 1/2 tablespoon
Soak the rice in water for about half an hour before cooking. Wash the chicken thoroughly. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add garam masala(the 10g combination) and onion till the mixture turns brown. Take a heavy bottomed pan. pour the pices of meat and curd. Heat it gently. Add the fired mixture. Add bay leaves and salt to the combination. Stir well for a few minutes. Pour in the rice and keep stirring till it is partly cooked. Make sure the spicy mixture and the rice gets mixed thoroughly and no parts get stuck up. Now cover the pan with a clean piece of cloth and turn the heat to moderate. Leave it to be cooked thoroughly. Sprinkle the rose water, fired onions and grated mint (pudina leaves) over the whole thing Serve hot.
- 10-19-2007, 03:04 PM #3
Mixed Vegetable Curry
MIXED VEGETABLE CURRY
200g carrots, cut into 2 cm lengths
200g beans, cut into 3 cm lengths
100g peas, shelled
200g pumpkin, cut into 2 cm cubes
1 tablespoon split peas
1 cup(250ml) plain yoghurt
3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
3 green chilies, chopped and seeds removed
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
8 curry leaves
Cook carrots, beans, peas and pumpkin separately in boiling water until tender, drain.Place split peas in a frying pan, stir over low heat 5 minutes. Put split peas in a bowl, cover with water and sand 1 hour. Drain and crush to a paste dhal. Combine vegetables and dhal in a saucepan with yoghurt, water, coconut, chillis cumin. Cook over low heat, without boiling for 10 minutes. Melt ghee in a frying pan and saute curry leaves until lightly browned, spoon over vegetable curry to
- 10-19-2007, 03:18 PM #4
350 gms. khoya (refer feature)
200 gms. paneer
65 gms. plain flour (1/8 cup)
600 gms. sugar
4 cups water
1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
1 tbsp. milk if required
ghee for deep frying
Make 1 string syrup of sugar and water. (refer basic recipe in sweets) Mash, grate or crumble khoya and paneer together. Add cardamom powder, flour and knead well till smooth. If too dry, add a little milk. Form a soft dough. Make small balls out of dough rolling lightly between palms. The balls should be half the size of pingpong balls. Heat ghee till slightly fuming. Cool for 3 minutes. Add some balls, and allow them to rise before putting back on heat. Fry on low heat, till dark from all over. Drain and dip into syrup. Allow to soak till next batch is ready. Repeat till all dough is exhausted. Drain and transfer to serving dish.
- 10-19-2007, 03:20 PM #5
1 liter milk preboiled and top cream removed
1/2 tsp. citric acid or
juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp. corn flour
1/2 cup sugar ground fine
1/4 tsp. essence of choice
few drops colour to match essence flavor
(eg. green with pista essence)
1 tsp. slivered pistas and almonds
1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
Small moulds of choice
Dissolve acid or lemon juice in 1/2 cup warm water Put milk to boil. When it rises, pour acidic water all over it. Reduce heat and stir till fully curdled. When whey and water separate completely, remove from heat. Strain in clean muslin cloth. Hold under running water for a minute. Press out excess water and hang for 15 minutes (paneer is made). Empty the paneer in a large plate. Take 2 tbsp. of paneer in a heavy pan and add corn flour. Heat on med. flame stirring continuously for 3-4 minutes. Cool, add to paneer in plate, add sugar, essence and colour. Mix till very smooth. Lightly grease and dust moulds with ghee and corn flour. Mix topping ingredients. Sprinkle little topping in each mould. Press paneer mixture into it and level top. Chill for 3-4 hours. Unmould carefully. Serve chilled in individual paper cups (optional).
- 10-19-2007, 03:32 PM #6
• 3/4 Cup besan
• 3/4 Cup powdered sugar
• 1/3 Cup ghee
• 1/4 tsp Elaichi powder
• 2-3 Drops saffron colour
• Mix the sugar and saffron colour together. Leave it aside.
• Melt ghee in a kadhai and cook the besan over low flame.
• Stir continuously till the besan becomes light brown in colour.
• Mix the elaichi powder and again stir.
• Remove from the flame and pour it on a thali. Let it cool.
• Now mix together the gram flour mixture and sugar.
• Divide it into equal parts and give the shape of laddus.
• Besan Laddoo is ready.
- 10-31-2007, 12:39 AM #7Ami Notun
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
i might try this one
- 11-21-2007, 09:00 AM #8
- 12-30-2007, 09:34 AM #9
- 10-28-2011, 10:33 AM #10
• 1 Liter Fat milk
• 200 gm Sugar
• 50 gm Curd
How to make Misti Doi:
• Boil the milk.
• Stir the boiled milk on medium heat till it gets reduced to half.
• Mix sugar in milk thoroughly.
• Keep the mixture for cooling.
• Add curd into this mixture.
• Cover it and keep it at a warm place for 8 hrs.
• Misti Doi is ready.
BantecForum >>>> A new forum on Web
- 10-28-2011, 10:34 AM #11
• 1/2 Litre milk
• 3 tbsp Lemon juice
• 2 tsp All Purpose Flour
• 1/4 tsp Rose essence or cardamom powder
• 1 Cup Water
• 1 Cup Sugar
How to make Rasgulla:
• Take a pan and heat milk in it. Bring it to a boil.
• Add lemon juice, stirring slowly and gently till cheese separates from the milk.
• Now turn off the heat and strain it through a strainer.
• Make sure all the water from the cheese is drained.
• Now knead it to make soft dough.
• Combine flour with it and knead again.
• Make small rounded balls from the dough, keep aside.
• The balls should not have any cracks in it.
• Now combine sugar and water in a saucepan and boil it.
• Add cheese balls to the syrup and cook it for about 30 minutes with lid partially covered.
• Add rose essence or cardamom powder and turn the heat off.
• Allow to cool and serve .
BantecForum >>>> A new forum on Web
- 07-17-2012, 03:22 PM #12Ami Notun
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
thanx a lot
- By joy in forum USA & Canadian CitiesReplies: 2Last Post: 05-11-2009, 09:30 AM
- By ReMi in forum Bangla Food & RecipesReplies: 3Last Post: 10-01-2008, 01:27 PM
- By joy in forum USA & Canadian CitiesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-16-2008, 11:41 AM
- By ausi in forum Australia & OthersReplies: 0Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:02 PM
- By Bangla in forum Australia & OthersReplies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2005, 12:47 AM